In August 2009, the Nimoa Catholic Mission took delivery of a customised water ambulance, thanks to the hard work and financial commitment of Kevin Dunn and a team of donors and helpers who salvaged and rebuilt the former Alfreds II. Alfreds II was written off by the insurer after breaking her mooring and being severely wrecked by grounding at Terrigal, after many years of service as a committee boat for the Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club at Newport.
Nimoa Island Ambulance Links
- A Man and a Mission - Article on RPAYC website about the beginnings of the Nimoa Island Ambulance Project
- A Man and a Mission Complete - Article on RPAYC website about the completion of the Nimoa Island Ambulance Project
- Rotary Club of Balgowlah Article about the Nimoa Island Ambulance Project
- A Man and His Mission - Article in Afloat Magazine about the Nimoa Island Ambulance Project
- Recent improvements to the ambulance by Hans on SY Seagoon
Support the Nimoa Island Ambulance
The Nimoa Island Ambulance needs ongoing support to keep it running and well-equipped.
Our sponsor Fentropy Pty Ltd provides the banking facilities for collecting and transferring financial donations at no cost to Friends of the Louisiades.